Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Well, I got up early enough this morning and realized I needed to apply for unemployment for the week.  I was really scared that after I go through all the rigmarole and submit my application for the week, the state would go, "One or more issues have come up; benefit payment has been put on hold while your application is reviewed."  That is what it says whenever, well, there is an issue, and unfortunately you can't stop the process, because once you submit at that point, there's no going back, and they then send you a letter letting you know the findings of their issue.  Not good if you're hiding your unemployment from your parents, and it's a double bummer if you don't get any money at all.

I literally felt my heart beat harder and faster this morning at the point in the app where I looked at all the answers I gave just before I submitted it.  I really was scared that I would get screwed out of my dole money, and that my folks would see that I applied.  But I needed the money, so I bit the bullet and hit the submit button and ...

... nothing.  I am supposed to receive some money this week.  Cool!  That means that I won't have any problems getting unemployment money while I'm out of work, and (unless I'm missing something) that there will be no need for letters through the mail in order to get that money.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment