Saturday, July 23, 2016

Blah-Blah-Bullshit

So ten days ago I finally received the answers to my questions regarding how the new test scoring place suddenly didn't take their work as seriously as they should.  This was a dozen days after I sent to the HR person my concerns about the half-ass measures they seemed to take when it came to selecting project leadership.

And I will be blunt: It's all bullshit.  I was going to be skeptical about their answers anyway, but these tossed-off responses aren't even close to what I would consider justifiable or even reasonable answers as to why these people are promoting people who just came in with their dicks in their hands thinking they can just look at essays for eight hours a day for a paycheck.

I'm not saying the answers I've been given were lies.  Some of them are truths, and I object to them because they're admitting their culpability in turning what should be serious work into a joke.  Nonetheless, I abhor the lie told to me (the HR guy said that he relayed my questions, anonymously, to the company's full-time staff, and he typed the answers given to him down and sent them to me) that these deputized immediate supervisors went through "a rigorous process."  The person who supervised me on the last project said it himself: He was like one of us, he scored well on ten questions, and he was given the job.  So there was no "numerous criteria and factors" taken into consideration.  These guy -- those four people -- all got the jobs based on a single goddamn test.  Don't fucking lie to me.

Assuming this is not a lie, I believe them when they say that the company's full-time staff consulted with the states/clients selling these projects in allowing these bullshit promotions.  They admitted, sadly, that they've done this in the past; I swear that has never happened in any of the test scoring projects I've been a part of, but now I'm not 100% sure.  Worst of all, they confessed that they might pull this shit again in the future.

So, that tears it.  These are the answers I didn't want but was afraid I would get.  So, if I'm a man of my word, I can no longer work with these people.  And I am doing my damnedest, I tell you, to wiggle free from this upcoming test scoring project, especially because I'm afraid they'll just turn this project into the Mandingo fight scenes in Django Unchained and pit us scorers against each other in order to find someone who'll suddenly take over leadership duties at an extra two bucks an hour.

But the two temp agencies still can't find anything for me.  And yesterday (Friday), I received confirmation about the new project, which is starting in two weeks.  Man, I don't want to go back on my promise to myself, but I don't think I can continue on unemployment just so I can make a point.

I've got one week to find something else or I'm slouching back to Gomorrah.  In the meanwhile I promised this person at the old test scoring place I am going to give her the third degree as to why in the project I was working on over there Sugar Ass was suddenly telling me what to do.  Guessing that she'll give me the same answers, but now I'm hoping she could be a hell of a lot more upfront with me.  Probably call her Friday when I'm in Atlanta, and hopefully I'll be able to arrange a face-to-face talk with her about that when I come back.  Because I've worked for them for several years and therefore I feel entitled to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment