Thursday, July 14, 2016

Actually, I Feel Good!

Went to the house of the hosts of the party last (Wednesday) night.  Their place is a lot more opulent than I expected.  I mean, Wow.  And they have the perfect set-up and know what they're going to do on Sunday because they have hosted parties in the past.  Moreover, they're taking care of the food.  Beyond that, they have decorations.  And finally, they say they'll prepare everything in time for the event, so we don't have to come in and volunteer.

In other words, they're set.  And that means we don't have to do a darn thing besides show up and take pictures and give a speech ... oh, Christ, I still have to give a speech.  Oh, well, if that's the only thing I have to worry about now, that's fine!

It feels so good to have a burden lifted off of your shoulders.  But I'm scared that in being pleasantly surprised at how things I'm stressed over seem to be taken care of, I am too quick in believing that everything's been taken care of, meaning I get complacent when I shouldn't.  Is that the case here?

No comments:

Post a Comment