Monday, August 17, 2020

Toxic Masculinity On Zoom

Let me just say that I have not seen a guy yelling his fucking head off and acted like he was entitled to it like I saw last night on Zoom.  There was no reason to yell, but the situation in which he decided he did was classic toxic masculinity: A woman disagreed with a point being made, she calmly but firmly made her point known without raising her voice, and so this horse's ass comes over the top and starts screaming as if authorities were taking away his yacht.  I hope, I really hope, people saw what was going on ... and then we should all hang our heads in shame for not calling him out right then and there for acting an asshole.

I've been exposed to meetings that have been hijacked by toxic men so often that I think my subconscious makes me predisposed to hating meetings.  I wonder if I hate them more because they're boring or for shit like what happened last night -- people losing their heads for no good reason.  And so I have to be honest: We were discussing college stuff, and I'm not all that passionate about continuing on with the rebellion.  I mean, I think we have a point to make, and it's not like I want to just give in.  But there are things that I prefer we not do that, in this meeting, we decided we would do, the point this loud prick tried to make included, and I just went with it because I didn't care one way or the other.  And if this guy is going to just start yelling at us when he should be aiming his verbal assault only against the other side -- man, it is so tempting now to just fuckin' check out.

(By the way, sprinkled in with his toxic masculinity is the fact that he didn't verbally assault the other side.  In fact, he was quite complimentary about the other.  In fact, he bent over backwards to fellate the other side.  For someone so abusive, he has acted so obsequiously when talking about the people we are discussing our grievances with.  So fucking strange.)

No comments:

Post a Comment