Saturday, August 29, 2020

Day!

This was a perfect day.  After some humid and hot days, today was completely sunny with temps in the 70's.  Wind picked up at times, but it wasn't a huge bother.  Best of all, it wasn't humid.

I should have enjoyed this day.  And I did, sorta.  I went downtown to eat at two places that won't be around come September 1.  There was a pop-up store that is a collaboration between the Birchwood Cafe and the Farmers Union, both of whom have a presence at the Minnesota State Fair and went in on this temporary store to sell the food they would have sold if the State Fair was going on.  Had a sandwich and a lavender lemonade.  Then, I walked down to Izzy's, whose Minneapolis store (and it's two stories big) is closing up its store (though not its manufacturing plant) after seven years (I think), even though it feels as though they've only been in Minneapolis for, like, seven months.  (They were in St. Paul for 20 years, but closed in April.)  I'll miss those mini, tophat-looking Izzy scoops they give.  And the vanilla bean was so spot-on.

So did I ruin my day by deciding that after that (and I walked from one end of downtown to the other and back) I would just go back home and mow the lawn?  I initially decided I would do it tomorrow, but I think I have it ingrained in my mind that I should do my weekend chores on Saturdays whenever possible.  Still, a part of me thinks I should have, like, walked at the Sculpture Garden.  It wasn't hot, although I got hot with all the walking I did.  Should I have had all of today to myself to take in all the good weather?  I now can do that tomorrow, and I don't have to get all sweaty and tired from mowing the lawn, but will the weather be as good tomorrow?

(shrug)

No comments:

Post a Comment