Monday, August 31, 2020

Bite My Tongue ... Well, Don't

Friday at lunchtime I was in my car to take my midday nap for work.  Lately I have absolutely needed these naps.  I sleep the previous evening and it's enough to shorten my sleep overnight, which makes me tired mid-to-late morning.  So I need the nap -- and frankly I'm so tired that it's probably inevitable that I fall asleep during my lunch -- but it also energizes me; these past few times I've passed out in my car, by the time I wake up I have so much energy I could go 40 straight hours of working instead of the four I need to make it through the end of the day.

With that being said, on Friday I woke up not from the alarm but, egad, from this sharp pain on the side of my tongue.  There is only one explanation: I bit it.  My sleep was so deep that I somehow clenched down on it, hard.  And goddamn, I felt that pain for the rest of the day and into the night.  Only sleep made it better, and somehow, nearly all of the pain was gone by Saturday.

But golly.  I have bitten the side of my tongue while sleeping before, but I don't remember when, and I don't want to repeat that -- like, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment