Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Monday, August 31:
  • Well, we go back to Sunday the 30th, where I ran almost everywhere around town in search of eating fair foods in the midst of what would have been the Minnesota State Fair.  My first destination was to the parking lot of the Barnes & Noble in Maple Grove, where Untiedt's (did I spell that right?), the farm that supplies the Corn Roast for the fair, set up shop for a few hours.  I needed that damn sweet corn, so I drove all the way to the northwest part of the metro for one cob.  With tip (something that I think is forbidden at the Fair): $4.
  • I then took 694 all the way east to Maplewood Mall.  All summer a few food trucks have been there on weekends.  Three of them are actual Minnesota State Fair food vendors, and I am currently adamant that I only eat food from trucks that are vendors at the fair.  Now, I didn't have the stomach to eat at all three food trucks.  Luckily, two of them will be there a couple weekends in September.  The Scotch Eggs truck will not be; it looks as though they were done for the year as of this day.  I had their eggs earlier this summer, but not what appears to be the vendor's other staple item: Frozen iced mocha coffee.  Mmmm, tasty.  It was a perfect summer day, which actually made me enjoy it a tad less, I'm afraid; if it were stinking hot and humid like it had been the previous weekend (when Scotch Eggs wasn't at Maplewood Mall), eating something that cold would have been perfect.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed it: $6.
  • Go back to Thursday the 27th.  That is a weird day because I was going to call my shrink.  We have had tele-conferences at the park closest to me, but the reception out there is so terrible that I decided I needed to find a whole new place to park.  I have usually gotten an early dinner (that I followed up with eating actual dinner at home) while speaking to him, so I was going to go grab something at Rosedale, then eat it in my car while talking to my therapist in the Rosedale parking lot.  But then his secretary texted me saying he would call a half-hour later than we originally scheduled.  That both upended my plans and gave me an idea to tackle some new fair food finding.  I called Mother saying that instead of coming home late to eat, I had to take this call that would probably take a long time (a lie) and I would just eat outside instead.  I then went to the Midtown Global Market, which is having its own State Fair-themed fair.  There are, I think, three restaurants there that are vendors at the Fair, and I thought I had time to eat an Al Pastor Blue Taco from one of those vendors, Manny's Tortas (while chasing it down from with a beer from Eastlake Craft Brewery, which I mistakenly thought was Taco Cat, a non-Fair vendor I nevertheless wanted to drink at because they are closing for good in September; turns out they were in another stall, and they weren't even open), before talking to him.  I actually was 15 Minutes late.  But the reception in the parking ramp was a lot better!  I didn't plan on paying cash for the taco, but I stuck my credit card in Eastlake's card reader and forgot to take it out and put it in my wallet (I was allowed to come back to Eastlake with food I got from the other stalls in the market while they held the beer I bought ... but when I came back I didn't see the cup, so I was given a new cup).  So I spent for that one small but delectable taco, with tip: $4.
  • Tuesday, August 25 ... work was a half-day because I worked four hours on Sunday.  On days like this I sometimes buy breakfast before going into work.  Did that on this morning at McDonald's, where I used the application I downloaded the night before.  It's kind of cumbersome to show the app at the drive-through in order to get the deals and rewards that pop up; this is so far the only instance where I miss Mickey D's opening up their lobbies.  But it got all straightened out, and I got my sandwich and my caramel mocha for: $6.11.
  • After work I went Lisa's to get my shoes shined.  With tip: $15.
  • (ETA at 1:36 a.m. on September 10 two EWRs I totally forgot about.  On Sunday, August 23, after putting in a half-day at work, I went over to this legit Minnesota State Fair vendor, The Donut Family, just setting up their shop in a parking lot of an industrial area in North St. Paul.  If they and I were at the State Fair, I wouldn't give these guys a second thought; they served conventional fair staples like mini-donuts and lemonade, but other vendors sell those food items and, in my opinion, those others are more popular because they're better.  But I was jonesing for fair food because I miss the Fair so damn much, so I went and got the mini-cinna donuts with caramel and whipped cream and a regular-sized frozen lemonade.  And you know, these guys weren't half bad.  Total with tip I'm sure but I'm not 100% certain is: $15.
  • And then I go back to Friday the 21st, and how did I ever forget ****e* cutting my hair at the park a second time?  And this time, unlike the last/first time, she actually cuts my hair under a length of time that wasn't incredibly slow.  Well, I thought it was until I looked at my watch ... you know, if I get around to it, I'll blog post about this incident, but because of this blog post I'll just note that for the cut I paid her: $60.)
  • All the way back to Saturday the 15th, where I went to ******a's place to get a massage.  Like before, I was able to strip naked before her so she could massage my left hip and ass cheek.  I have to admit that there is a tremendous power in standing naked in front of a beautiful woman, even if she doesn't touch.  One very small thing that nonetheless gives me a thrill: ******a was tanning outside before I got to her place, and she hurriedly took a shower and threw something on to bring me inside.  She had to twist her clothing in place, and in order to do that she had to take part of her top off, exposing her cute, small, untanned left tit to me.  Yes, I wood.  Her massage cost me: $80.
  • I think I then went to get my car washed.  (Aside: I bought a brand new car reflector because my old one was old and ripped.  It was dropping its innards all around the interior of my car whenever I opened and closed it, so much so that I finally had to get my car washed to get rid of it.  I think those white pieces are asbestos.)  Along the way I came across a Dairy Queen.  This DQ is Columbia Heights, an inner-ring suburb that has a lot of old, small mom-and-pop stores and restaurants that harken back to what a particular time in suburban Minneapolis looked like.  I took one of, like, a dozen parking spots behind the store, walked up to the front, got a mini-Blizzard, and sat down in one of two outdoor benches to eat.  And then I went.  Cost, with tip (maybe?): $4.77.
  • Charged the car wash to my credit card, but I used cash for the tip.  It was not busy, I had felt guilty for not tipping that much in the past, and I figured they had one hell of a time picking up all that asbestos in my car, so I gave out: $4.
  • Back to Monday, August 10 Sunday, August 9, where I was also on a State Fair Food Find.  I went to The Quarry -- and outlasted a sudden, oncoming deluge for twenty Minutes in the parking lot -- to eat at a couple of pop-up stores they say are Minnesota State Fair vendors.  The first one I ate at, the Big Dog Corn Dog (where I bought a ... Big Dog Corn Dog) definitely is, because when I saw a post about them on Facebook I looked the vendor up on my Minnesota State Fair application and there they were.  Paid: $8.
  • The second one ... uh, I think so.  They don't have a name, near as I could tell, but their main attraction is Cheese Curds, which are sold in several places at the Fairgrounds.  I think they're legitimate.  Cost plus tip: $8.
  • I then went to Roseville library and walked across Hamline Ave. to go to the Kiwanis Club pop-up tent.  I have never had their frozen chocolate malt before, but now was as good a time as any to try it.  They come frozen, and I was told to wait 45 Minutes so I could eat it.  I went to Target before eating the malt at the park closest to home.  Not saying it was distinctly fantastic, but I like chocolate malts.  Paid: $6.
  • Going all the way back to Sunday the 2nd -- I dropped by *****a's place for the first time in her new place, which seemed to be very new because I thought she lived somewhere else.  Moreover, this is the first time I went to her place for a "session."  She has been to the house before, when my parents were out of town.  I have wanted to set something up where she lived, but it was always so expensive.  She finally dropped her price low enough where I thought it was worth it; I think she didn't want to, but the pandemic was putting a major crimp in her making money through parties that she invited me in.  She has a great big place in Uptown, and suffice it to say, it was great to get some of her vicious hand lovin' on her actual bed.  Afterward I laid next to her while she was on her phone.  I was naked except for a towel around my junk.  She had a couple fans blaring -- great for ventilating for the coronavirus, but terrible for trying to take a nap.  Nevertheless, being vulnerable in front of a beautiful woman is a feeling I never, never want to get tired of.  Paid her: $150.
  • Her apartment is very, very close to Sebastian Joe's, a place I had not been to yet this year.  I was able to fix that by walking there for an ice cream.  Charged the cup, but paid in legal tender for the tip of: $1.
I swear I am missing an EWR, namely another State Fair food vendor I went to where I ate cinnamon mini-donuts and drank a frozen lemonade.  I just got my credit card bill and I see no record of it, which means I must have paid cash.  If they're still around, I might need to go back there and buy those things again to get an amount.  Until then: Good through August 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment