Monday, September 21, 2020

Another Fuck-Up In New Blogger

 Hope you notice this.  Whenever I start with a new blog post, I put the cursor at the top left of the field so I can start typing, of course.  I kind of noticed this issue, but didn't believe it because it is so small that I thought I must be seeing things.  But as I kept doing more blog posts, I kept seeing it.  And now I know it is a mistake, and that it is the fault of Blogger.

Do you see it?  This blog post does not start with the very, very first available space in this writing field.  It starts in the next space.  In other words, there is a space right before the very first letter in this blog post, in this case, "H."  It is as if I started this blog post not with a letter, but a space.  If I want to get this blog post flush to the very beginning of the writing space -- and I do -- I have to hit the Backspace button.  I'm not doing it for this, of course, so I can illustrate the problem.

How did the coders ... well, you can't "miss" this issue, you have to actually put this issue into Blogger ... how did they put this issue into Blogger?  Yeah, I guess I can just hit Backspace before I start every blog post from here on out.  But I shouldn't have to.  Blogger needs to fix this.

Blogger invited us to provide feedback on any problems that might arise with the new format.  But I think it's gone now, or at least I don't know where this is.  Yet another reason New Blogger is dumb, dumb, dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment