Sunday, September 27, 2020

Oh Yeah -- I'm Going To Be Yelled At At Work Today

I have been asked to do this new job for the Vikings today.  Never done it before.  I think I'm filling in for the person who killed himself.  Have I talked about him yet?

This seems similar to a post I had for the other network.  I don't know the name of that position, but my responsibility was to listen to the official scorer mark where on the football field the ball was and relay to the people in the production truck, "Confirmed."  That is not as easy as it sounds; the official scorer sometimes changed his mind, and therefore you had to tell the people he changed his mind, or the scorer was too slow, in which case the people waiting for you to give the information so they can put it on the TV screen for all of you to watch it is screaming in my ear, "WHERE'S THE BALL AT?!?!?!"

It could be, you know, not like that.  It could be easier.  This could be a cakewalk.  Or, my job will be infinitely confusing and overwhelming.  I have no idea what exactly my job entails until I get to the stadium.  To (hopefully) defuse any problems, I should report to the people who will be listening in to my relays.  Can't yell at a person you just met, right?

I'm gonna be yelled at today.  And it'll take me a damn long time to come down from that, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment