Sunday, September 20, 2020

Tales From The Gas Station, Part II: The Glitchy TV

At the gas station where I usually get my gasoline (it is the one closest to me that has that 10% ethanol blend that is supposedly good for my car and yet is also less expensive) I have a favored pump.  Why?  Don't know.  Just like that one.

But I have noticed, all throughout these years, that the pump television, that thing that plays advertisements and little snippets of information, is very, very bad.  Whenever I start pumping gas, the commercial or informational snippet from some TV network I've never heard of or some other, uh, snippet thing cuts off before it ends.  Sometimes it plays for several seconds before it glitches; sometimes it's just one second.  But as I'm pumping I'm looking, and the TV just goes: "Soundbites ... presented by -- Soundbites ... presented by -- ... treat yourself to ... treat yourself t- ... this week in tech-- ... this week i- . ..." and it would do that for my entire pump.  And it has done that for the past several years.

Isn't anybody going to fix that?  I mean, I guess it doesn't matter, seeing as I'm at the pump for 60 seconds at most, so I don't think other people are bothered.  But this damn thing has been broken for years now, and I thought at some point somebody would go, "Hey, that TV in that pump over there can't play whole segments without starting up another one two seconds later.  Let's get someone to repair it."  No?

No comments:

Post a Comment