Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Yesterday Was Such A Bad Day

It was a bad day mostly because of sports.  The Bastard North Stars won their Game last/Monday night and their Western Conference series, and thus have reached the Stanley Cup Final.  (The came back from a 2-0 deficit to do that, too -- thanks, Las Vegas, and fuck you.)  And the Twinks lost to the White Sox in the first Game of a critical series in Chicago, even though the Twinks left 15 men on base and had the bases loaded and brought no one in at least once.  Oh, and I lost in both my fantasy football leagues.  Sports is a sadistic mistress.  Never be a fan.

But worse than that?  The assistant for my psychotherapist billed me for my visits and tele-visits for the year.  I should be paying for this, and I had a feeling that I would pay up at some point, plus I don't want to stiff them for money they are owed for their services.  It's just that, when I started out with them, back when I was a temp and I was on government insurance, seeing him was free.  I am an upstanding contributor to society now, but all those visits have been rolled into one massive bill his assistant finally e-mailed me.  And it's a lot.  So much so that, even though I have finally reached the deductible and so visits from here on out are free for me, I have to re-think how often I should see him.  I like talking to him (although calling him over the phone has introduced technical difficulties), and like I said I'm not hurting for money right now, but damn, I'm not made out of money.

I should check my health plan for next year to see what my insurance will pay.  And I hate not seeing my therapist because I like him.  But seeing him is expensive, and I can't continue like this.

Yep.  Bad day.  And this was a day when work actually went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment