Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Another Goddamn Flat Tire ...

... and it's the tire I replaced the first tire with.

Coming home from work.  Getting onto the highway where I heard, "BAM!!!" and the car lurched to the side.  I knew a tire had to have blown, and sure enough, the driver's-side front -- the one I had to replace exactly a month ago -- had a hole on the side.  A fucking blowout.

They'll say underinflation was the problem.  I checked the pressure on it a week ago, and I was going to again today.  Good thing I went on the Internet because seeing someone else go through something like this, I remembered that tire has a warranty on it.  I don't know if the car shop is going to fight me on this.  And I don't even know how to invoke the warranty.  But I have a phone number for the warranty place, and I have to try getting a new tire for free, or at least cheap.

One problem in all of this.  If the replacement tire got blown out, and for the same reason (a side blowout) as my original tire, could it be the rim?  I noticed that the rim right where the blowout is is all scratchy.  I didn't think that was an issue, but if a similar situation happened with two tires, maybe the goddamn thing is bent or something.  Shit, that hit on the train track could have made a fucking number on my rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment