Saturday, September 5, 2020

Fell For An Upsell

So I went to Midtown Global Market, where the food hall is trying to create a Minnesota State Fair-type festival (with the absence of the actual Fair -- well, the State Fair was cancelled, but they are offering a pared-down drive-thru Fair ... so is the State Fair actually cancelled?) by having its food stalls offer up Fair-ish foods.  Four of them are vendors at the Fair, so I went to them and ignored the rest.

One of them ... shoot, I won't name them ... I bought two of their four State Fair food items because I had only so much stomach and I wanted to go to the other three vendors (aside, and for the record: I went to two of these four last week when I also went to Midtown Global Market).  I got a chicken sandwich and a pair of their ... uh, I'll be vague and call them dumplings.  Then the guy says, "Hey, you want some chickpeas, too?"  And I said, "Sure!" like an idiot, because as soon as I saw my total, I realized that I just fuckin' paid fuckin' five bucks for a container of chickpeas.  The dude asked me like it was free when it clear was an upsell.  Yeesh.

I'm so gullible.  And then I thought, well, they're hurting because of the pandemic, so why not pay for something?  And that's really stupid thinking, because when you're just tossing money to and fro, all you'll be left with is an empty wallet and stuff you're not going to use.

Anybody want chickpeas?

No comments:

Post a Comment