Saturday, September 19, 2020

Our Neighborhood Is Party Central Tonight

Got back from going out to storage in the afternoon, which was my reward for mowing the lawn earlier in the afternoon.  I saw a bunch of cars on both sides of the street as I approached my home.

Parked, turned off the car, got out and looked around.  The driveways of the three houses closest to us on the other side of the street, including the childhood home of my sister's best friend, were all packed with cars.  I believe all the cars on the side of the street is for one house, in which Father believes there is a celebration for a wedding going on.  Hearing all the ululations from the guests as they roll and walk up, that probably is true.

In the morning, before I started mowing, I noticed that there is a bounce house on the driveway of the house three houses to the left of us.  Kid's party, I presume.

So, there's a bounce house, and a wedding reception, and even though I think whatever was going on in the other two houses closest to us across the street (included my sister's best friend) is over, I have never, and I mean never, seen so much commotion, so much humanity, so much life, on this street.

I just took a look out through the blinds of my bedroom window.  The cars are now parking on the cross streets.  They all have to be going to that reception.  Man, must be one heck of a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment