Thursday, September 10, 2020

My Left Hip, And The Left Side Of My Neck

Whenever I get massages, whether it's the somewhat-elicit ones I get from ******a I have gotten on a semi-regular basis or the legitimate ones that I haven't gotten in ages, the masseuses ask if there are any points of concentration on my body.  I have told them for a long time the left side of my neck; I have since told ******a to concentrate on my left hip.

The left side of my neck has bothered me for decades now.  I think I got it when I was a baseball intern at El Paso.  The efficiency that was reserved for me had a mattress but no box spring that lifted it up off the floor, so I slept on the floor, basically.  I have heard that that is actually good for your back, but only if you sleep on your back.  I think I'm a side-sleeper, and with a relative hard mattress that's on the floor, I'm sure it threw off the alignment in my neck.  Ever since I have had this stinging pain on the side of my neck, and no masseuse has ever been able to eliminate it.  Tonight, more than I ever remember doing it before, I have pressed against a part of my neck -- left, front side, near the bottom -- that seems to strike a nerve because I feel a hell of a lot of pain.

In the meantime, I think that old and hard bed threw out the alignment on my back, too.  I remember complaining frequently about my back ever since 2001.  Then, as I made my road trip by myself to St. Louis partly to catch the total solar eclipse back in 2017, I believe my long hours driving started to throw off my left hip.  That side feels so bad now that I don't even know if my back hurts.  I have had physical therapy in order to keep that pain at bay, but I sure as hell haven't been diligent with the exercises I have been given.

Lately I have really started to feel that act up.  Whenever I sit, whether at work on right now, on the bed blogging this, I suddenly feel this dull ache on my left hip that comes and goes.  It might be weather-related; we have had a sudden pinch of cold weather that began Labor Day.  But I have really noticed this pain while I sit for the past couple weeks now.

Pain in my neck, pain in my hip ... I'm one hurting unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment