Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Like I said before, am I strong enough?  This evening's the big day, and I am nowhere near as prepared as I should be nor as my colleagues need me to be.  I totally took a dirt nap in the evening, so one quick meeting I totally missed.

I am not going to be one of the ones doing the heavy lifting, thank God.  But it dawned on me just now -- and maybe it shouldn't have -- that it would be plenty awkward if I didn't say something.  Unfortunately we went through a dry run and I think my response to a mock question was the type of threatening bombast that my people don't want.  Then again, I felt really good saying what I said because it came from the heart.  And that might be the problem.  So do I sit quietly and not contribute, or do I share my thoughts and potentially hurt our cause?  And I'm not even thinking about worrying about getting what we want.  We could all do our part of the presentation to the very best of our abilities and we still will be told no.  What then?

Man, all I wanted to do was stand up for something and I now have to ... stick my neck out for something.  God, I have no idea how this is going to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment