Friday, August 28, 2020

Gnarly Storm

Was woken up around 5:15 this morning (checked my phone before heading back into bed) to a huge, loud thunderstorm.  I think I was thinking, as I was getting woken up by the thunder, that I could have slept through it were it not for the very loud rain that, I was able to surmise in my state of unconsciousness, could have been seeping into my bedroom floor because my window was open because for some reason Father did not turn on the air conditioning.  And, sure enough, as I was closing my window with my eyes virtually closed, I was walking on water on my bedroom floor.  "Hmmm," I thought, "There is water on bedroom floor."  And then I went to bed because afterward I checked my phone, saw it was 5:15, and thought that I could just deal with the water once I had to wake up.

And when I did, I thought I could either just leave the water (and there was a lot of water) on the floor or, assuming the storm had passed and there would not be another coming, open the window again and just let the water evaporate.  But then I remembered I could use my bath towel to wipe up the water.  I've used that towel for the past two weeks; I needed to change it at some point.  And I was able to do that before leaving, and I was still able to get to work in time.

Just wanted to blog post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment