Friday, September 15, 2023

Low-Key Rudeness, Or Is It Me?

So it's been a perfect weather day for me -- around 65 degrees, overcast.  Sure, it drizzled a bit in the morning, and so my ass was wet from eating al fresco at the second taco place.  And sure, I scalded my tongue from the two hot sauces I was given at the first taco place.  But how can I complain when we have such gorgeous (to me anyway) weather, when I have the day off, when I started the day going to ******e's (latest) place and getting a handjob from her, when I get to go to not one, not two, but three taco places today (the third one's tonight), when I get to see a women's college volleyball Match between two schools I am not rooting for and therefore I won't have my heart broken because I don't have a team that could lose, and I was treated warmly enough at that Republican fast food bastion called Chick-Fil-A?

Well, not to say my day's ruined, but I can complain when I run into assholes.

So at the first taco place the parking behind the restaurant is real tight.  Thank Buddha I have a backup camera so I didn't hit anything, but my compact was squeezed in there pretty good.  After enduring the hot sauce and finishing up my two tacos, I go to my car.  I was there half an hour, maybe 35 minutes.  I was using hand sanitizer when I saw one dude, then another, walk up to and into the car parked right, and I mean right, up against me.  The second dude, who for some reason was walking several yards behind the first dude, was the passenger, and my car was next to the passenger side of this car.  We locked eyes -- maybe.  I had started my car, so I thought that I would just drive off to give him space to open his door and get in.  But I had sanitizer in my hand, so I was giving him hand gestures to tell him, basically, "Hey, you want me to move out of the way for you?"  But he just stared back.  He opened the door without hitting my car, shimmied in, and as the first dude (who was the driver) had already started the car by the time his passenger got in, they drove off immediately.

The amount of time from when I noticed the first dude to when they drove off was, oh, 20 seconds.  And I was still there, car turned on and sanitizer in my hand.  So it may not be rude ... but damn, it seems weird as hell to me.

---

So the second run-in with assholes came at the second taco place.  I was planning on lunch at this place today, but then I saw that the first taco place was very close to where ******e now lives, so I was going to go eat just at that first taco place.  But then I thought, "Hmmm, YOLO, why can't I go to both?"  And enduring the tacos from the first taco place, which were otherwise fantastic, because I didn't want to be (there's that word again) rude about not using their hot sauces, convinced me to basically cleanse my palate by going to the second taco place.  Got it?  Good.

So anyway ... this second taco place is one where you order online while at your table.  I usually sit outside at this place because 1) COVID's got my scared and 2) I like the vibe of outdoor dining when I eat here.  I dried my ass once I got home.  So I ordered and then, as I usually do, I go in to wash my hands in their restroom.  I go out and wait.  The guy comes out with my drink and says, "I had your drink!  I didn't know where you were!"  And I was telling him, "Yeah, sorry, I went in to wash my hands ..." he just walked away.  Didn't acknowledge what I was saying, didn't break stride, nothing.  He sat my drink down, said his bitch talk, and walked away.  Like I can't wash my hands.  Like I have to be sitting in a fucking chair in order for this prick to give me my drink.  Man, I will not apologize for asking for good customer service when I'm eating out.  That doesn't make me entitled.  And I'm not entitled for wondering what the fuck is wrong with this rude little bitch boy.

---

No-no -- if I run into assholes all day ... I run into assholes all day.  It is not me.  I am not the asshole.

Must not give in to negative thoughts ... must not spiral ... good day, good day. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment