Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Goodbye, Minnesota State Fair. Goodbye, Summer.

Went for the third and final time to the Fair last night/Labor Day.  For the second time I met a friend and her friends there.  Did a lot of walking, to the point where I was dog tired, maybe more so than Thursday.  Maybe that was because I was doing a lot of walking around with my friend, but I figure that even if I was alone, I'd be doing as much walking, if not more.  My feet would hurt, but it probably is a product of old age.

So I said goodbye to the State Fair by hanging by the benches for Soul Asylum's free show at the Leinie Lodge, then realizing that there were many seats available at the dedicated benches for the stage if I just walked around to them.  I stuck around for a few songs I didn't know -- I was walking to the Lodge as they were playing "Somebody To Shove," my favorite tune of theirs, but I recognized "Misery" -- but I decided to leave before they got to "Black Gold" or "Runaway Train."  Wanted to beat the rush of final fairgoers, plus the authorities are moving up the close of the Fair because there have been in the past fights and other disturbances.  Mostly, though, while I wanted to honor and commemorate the end of the State Fair and summer, I didn't want to stay till the very, very end, because that would have been too sad for me.

Have to say, though -- the female talent out in force ... goddamn, man.  Lots of babes showing their bellies all three times I was out there.  Especially for Labor Day, where I think we set a record high.  If I could remember one or two, I would stroke out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment