Monday, September 4, 2023

One Last Visit To The Minnesota State Fair; Hope I'm Not Spending It Next To That Motherfucker

I planned on spending three days at the Minnesota State Fair because I bought three tickets.  Have one left, and today/Labor Day is the last day of the Fair so, of course.  It'll be hotter than fuck, so I hope I don't regret it, but there are a lot of foods I still want to try, and I want to say goodbye to Minnesota summer (even though it'll be just as hot tomorrow/Tuesday).

When I was hosting our alma mater's game-watching event, my friend from New York surprised me by dropping in.  She is in town helping her mother move.  Moreover, she is going to the Fair today too!  Again, I'm introverted as hell, but I am really looking forward to just walking and talking and eating with her ... and socializing for the second time at The Great Minnesota Get-Together!!!

But ... she said that she was going to hang out with her friend, starting in the morning.  I don't think I'm going to roll out until the afternoon, so I assume there will be some overlap.  Now, when I hung out my friend and her husband and friends, her friends were really cool.  This friend could be as well, and I am hoping this person is.  But I know of one of her friends whom she dragged to previous game-watching events years before, and this guy's a fucking weird dick.  All he said were these unprompted insults of our alma mater.  Couldn't carry a conversation about anything serious or deep, and I don't think he wanted to.  He's a Twitter troll (or an X troll; I see so many stories nowadays that say, "X, formerly known as Twitter"), and I do not look forward to standing next to that asshole for four or five hours taking his bullshit, especially if I'm enduring the blistering heat while I'm being subjected to him.

So, I hope the friend my friend is referring to isn't that prick.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment