Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Buddha Bless You, Bathroom Doorknob

Random thought, but one of the few things from my house that has remained as is as long as I can remember are the doors, in particular the door to my bathroom.  There is one component I am now astonished with because I realized recently that it has been there all my life: The lock.  I go into the bathroom and push in and turn the knob, and it locks.  This doorknob has been on this door all my life, at least I think, and it has never not worked.  You would think that at some point it would have broken and I would have locked myself in the bathroom, but that hasn't happened, at least not yet.  It continues to do its job, decades after it was installed, and I am now blown away at how it continues to function.  It really is amazing, and I'm so glad that it has been so reliable.  This thing might even outlive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment