Friday, September 27, 2024

Back To 7 A. M. And The Lab, Ugh

I understand that each of the three of us has to spend time out at The Main Department and going into the lab to open packages (and maybe I can't speak for them; maybe they're totally OK being out there and being in there) to make it fair.  I hadn't been there in a couple weeks, so being there yesterday/Thursday and today/Friday makes total sense.

And yet ... dammit, when I knew last week what my schedule was this week, my heart sank.  I have gone beyond being some data entry drone.  I have learned to like filing, and doing other things besides typing for eight hours a day.  While it may be easy, I have become so bored with it that it gets difficult staying awake.  And then beyond that is the reaching into piss crap I have to deal with in the lab.  And this afternoon I am scanning, which means I'll have to probably fight the scanner and hope I can keep up with all the forms that need to be handled.  Oh, and I have to wake up at 6 in the morning, too.

No thanks.  This would compel me to look for another job, but I just slept a hard two-plus hours in the evening, so I don't have time to do that.  Again.  And I'll probably be there a couple days next week, too.  Ugh-ugh-ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment