Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rude, Disgusting Scorer

Oh.  My.  Fucking.  God.  This afternoon I was the victim of one of the sickest and assholiest things in my recent life.

Let me just say, first of all, that teachers appear to be a pretty sloppy lot.  From the jobs of this type I've done over the last two years, they seem to be, stereotypically speaking, quite indifferent to such things like dress and hygiene.  The break rooms and bathrooms are usually dirty, and I have often seen guys who piss in the urinals then just run their fingers under the faucet real quick instead of washing with soap for twenty seconds like you're supposed to.  And I feel like I'm with my people, because I'm exactly that nonplussed when it comes to how I look and how I act.

But I am trying to get better when it comes to washing hands.  If there's any chance I can get somebody sick, or if somebody is sick, I want to make sure I am as clean as possible.  I do that most of the time when there are other people around because I don't want to lose face.  I also try to do it when I come in from outside this time of year because it's allergy season and I should wash the pollen off of my body.

Here's the scene: I go to wash my hands because they feel kind of icky.  There are seven classrooms in this building, and they take their breaks over three consecutive 15-minute periods in the late morning and early afternoon.  I think I went to the bathroom with the guys in the break before mine.

I pee and then I'm at the faucet.  It's crowded in there, filled with people who are coming back from break.  Also note that this bathroom is kind of tight.  There are three urinals, three stalls and four faucets, the there isn't a lot of space between the stalls and the sinks.  And with a lot of traffic, it got pretty crowded.

I was in front of the first faucet, the one closest to the urinals.  And since there were people, a lot of people, around, I took my time and soaped my hands thoroughly.  Just then I see this guy, an old guy, shorter than me, balding, polo as buttoned up as what I perceive his personality to be, standing dangerously close to me.  I didn't think too much about it, though, and so I was washing my hands and looking around.

That apparently was too leisurely for this asshole, because this guy just comes in -- even though I am standing in front of the faucet -- and brushes his hands underneath the faucet for a second, then walks away.  It happened so fast I turned my head to the right as he was getting done.  I wanted to glare at him, but he didn't look at me as he grabbed his towels and left.  Either he didn't think that was abnormal, or he didn't give a shit.

How rude!  That pisses me off.  I'm trying to wash my hands the way my parents taught me to, but I guess either your parents failed to teach you that or you hate them so much that you actively disavow every lesson they taught you.  If you don't like how thoroughly I wash my hands, go to one of the other fucking faucets and "wash" your hands.  There were two faucets open, yet you didn't want to do the normal thing and fight through the crowd to wash your hands in front of your own goddamn faucet?  And instead you invade my personal space?  Asshole!

I'm getting angrier as I type this.  Fuckin' A, I want to pick a fight with this bastard if I see him in the bathroom next time.  How antisocial can this motherfucker be if he thinks it's OK to take my faucet?  I am both grossed out and pissed off at the same time.  And I want revenge.  And I know that if I try to exact revenge on this strange, weird prick, I will fail miserably.  This guy works in the room next to me, so I know I will see him again.  And the only thing I can do is stare at him incredulously.

Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment