Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bad Customer Service -- Twice

I needed to call the Nevada Secretary of State's office because my parents want to set up a business there. I was confused about something and I needed their help. I get this bitch who thinks I'm wasting her time.

I get to this point in the conversation after getting terse "yes" or "no" answers from this woman:

OK, so when it says, "on this date I accepted the position of registered agent," what date is that? Is that when we say so or is that determined by you guys?

It's when you accepted the position.

That's it?

Yeah. So if you accepted the position today, you'd put today's date. If you accepted it yesterday, you'd put yesterday's date on it.

Really?! Get out!! I thought that if you accepted the position today, you had to put in the date of February 29. 'Cause I have no fucking clue that you write down the date you accepted the position. Thanks, you condescending cunt!

(Actually, I didn't say that at all. I thought the secretary had to determine that day depending on when we incorporated, but I guess we could conceivably put down any date. That's what I was getting at.)

I said a quick thank you and tried to end the phone call quickly. You see, if you hang up before the person on the other end of the line knows what's going on, you send the message that you don't like her. But I think I hit the message button instead of the end button. Dammit. You know, these are the times where I had one of those old corded phones so that if you're really pissed at someone you can slam the receiver down.

---

Customer service sucks. But I didn't think I had to suffer through two humiliating run-ins the same day. Well, it's happened to me plenty times before, I guess I just hope it never happens.

Later that afternoon I had to fill up my car. I went to this particular gas station because I had a coupon for 10 cents off per gallon for this place. The pump was pumping gas really slowly, like only half as fast. What the fuck's going on here, I thought. To pass the time I did other things -- looking under my car for rust, scraping slush off of the wheel wells. When I heard the click of the pump I was all, Fuckin' finally! But when I put the pump back I realized I forgot something: to pump enough gas to round up to the next full gallon to get that extra 10 cents off. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I shouldn't've asked because I already knew the answer. But I thought I'd ask the cashier, just in case: "Uh, can you round it up?"

"No," she cackled. Cackled? Cackled?? Do I really need that? Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment