Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OK, Now This Really Is The End

When I was invited to apply again for unemployment benefits, and then later when I read a USA Today article about President-Elect Obama's stimulus plan including even further extensions of dole money, I thought I could skate by a little longer. And my case wasn't rejected by the state; I had reduced benefits, but I had benefits, and I thought I could just pick up again after waiting a week.

But goddammit, I knew I was going to overlook something. I type in all my information as before, including the income I receive from my part-time job. But because my weekly benefit amount is reduced (long story short: I lost my two jobs two years ago, and when I applied this time around it was too long ago for them and the wages I got from them to count -- why didn't I see that?!), the money I make is more than that weekly benefit amount ... so I get nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And this is gonna happen every single week, and it ain't gonna change even if the new Prez gets the stimulus package he wants because I ain't gonna be eligible. I guess I could just say I didn't make any money ... but I'd be so busted.

Yeah, now I'm finished for good.

By the way, I have to admit that I ran upstairs and started touching myself because I was scared. Not a lot came out -- that's how scared I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment