Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So A Jostling Of My Locked Door Knob Wakes Me Up Sunday...

And so I wake up. It's my grandmother. "We have to buy vegetables," she said. Goddamn, and I wanted to stay home so I could watch football.

She does this about once a week. We go to this Asian grocery store where she inevitably buys too much stuff. The thing I hate about this place most of all is their shitty plastic bags. I don't know what poisonous chemical they use to make it easy to open up the bags, but I'm more than fucking willing to lose five years of my life just so I don't have to spend five goddamn minutes trying to pull the mouth open wide without doing that gross shit of licking my fingers because this place opts to buy the cheaper, need-a-master's-degree-to-use bags.

But this visit was much worse for the fight I had with my grandmother. Last time, as we're about to check out, she hauls out this plastic bag filled with coins. Before I could tell what she was doing, she was emptying them out and making the poor cashier girl count them. There were at least two people waiting behind her and my grandmother has the balls to make them fucking wait just so she can empty out her dimes! I angrily move her aside to start counting too. Turns out she was two bucks short. I had a twenty, so I ended up giving the checkout girl my twenty and two piles of dimes and I had to fucking put all the rest of the coins, all seventeen dollars of them, back into the bag. What the fuck.

So back to the present day. We're ready to go. We see the checkout girl again and she's about to finish with a person, so I line up the cart in her lane. She angrily takes the cart, pulls it to the next lane and starts yelling at me: "She's too slow!" We instead line up in the lane where a guy is checking out. I hate it when my folks are blatantly sexist, especially when they're wrong; this guy had a person to go through, and it looked like the girl my grandmother had an issue with from our last visit was going to finish first. And she did, which obligated me to start yelling back at her, "See? See?! She's done first!" She waves my hand at me. Grandmother, the reason for your bad visit last time wasn't her, it was you and your goddamn coins.

And she pulls out that fucking dimebag again. This time I'm on it; I throw her aside and start counting well before the checkout dude totals us up. And this time she's only a dime short.

After that ordeal, she surprises me by telling me to go to a Cub Foods to get water. No, you don't get to ambush me with that shit. I'll get it, after I drop you home.

And making me go out fucked up a bunch of my plans. I have a rule where if I spend money on one thing, I need to spend it on another thing. It's about trying to budget, trust me. But now because I spent a dime at the Asian grocery store, I have to buy something else. So I went to mall to just hang out and buy an Orange Julius ... without realizing, and then ignoring, that I would have to buy water at Cub. Man, I didn't want to pay any attention today!!

Also, I wanted to wait till Monday to get gas for my car. I used what little I had left on this stupid trip. So I had to drive 10 miles to a gas station I had a coupon for. Price I paid: $1.76 per gallon. I thought it'd drop today. How much was it? $1.68.

Goddamn you, grandmother, you owe me $1.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment