Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Carpe Diem My Ass

What did I do today? Well, it was really cold outside, the thing I do at the U. was cancelled today, and I didn't really have anything else I needed to do. So I did the right thing for a guy who no longer has unemployment and stayed home.

Did I look for jobs? Yes. But I also surfed the Internet, looked at blogs, started to write this post I do for Television Without Pity ... generally whiled away the day quietly.

Who are these people who say "seize the day"? Seriously, who are these people? Can't you guys relax just one day? And if not, can you let the rest of us rest if we want? I did nothing productive today, and I feel alive because I wanted to do nothing productive today. Besides, it's a tough world out there. Stay inside if you don't have to go outside. That's my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment