Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Bullshit Thing I Hate About My Father

Sometimes he will say something good-natured towards me, then ask for something from me.  It's both a way of softening me up and a quick test to see how my attitude is.

The bullshit way he did it tonight was when I just finished climbing up the stairs.  Just got back home from a long day at work.  "So," he starts nonchalantly, even though everything he says is either a calculation or a whiny screed, "the Vikings won, huh?"

I barely got off a "Yeah, big ..." when he launches into what he really wants to say: "Son?"

Now I know what's coming.  "Yeah?!" I barked.

Then My Fucking Father yells at me about Grandmother bringing food into her room and attracting mice.  When I walked in he was giving his soul an orgasm by cleaning the kitchen cabinets.  I'm guessing he either saw a mouse when preparing dinner tonight or had thought he did in the past and only decided now to act the martyr, wash everything in the kitchen and then tell me about it.  He threatened to throw Grandmother in a nursing home.  That'll be the day.

The thing is, he's right about the rats; there are some.  Heard them scratching in the cabinets a couple times.  They needed a thorough cleaning, I just wasn't going to do it.  Mother said I need to wash the utensils before putting them out for dinner.  Gosh, do I have to?  Maybe I do -- although we haven't gotten sick from rat droppings so far.

My Fucking Father wasn't coming down on me; he needed to convey some information to my Grandmother because he thinks she's doing it, but he thinks only I can talk to her.  And he's right.  Still, I don't like the sneaky, manipulative way he went about doing it.  Typical MO of a father who has failed.  And I really wasn't liking being piled on after hearing about some he-bitch at work be a pussy over the cold.  Who do you think you are, my boss?  Asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment