Sunday, January 10, 2010

Douche-In-Waiting

I wanted to go to a coffeeshop because I needed to finish the postseason draft for this fantasy football league I'm in.  My laptop had no juice in it, and all I wanted was a socket to plug it in.  So I go this very crowded Borders around noon.

Their Seattle's Best coffeeshop was packed.  However, there was this one guy right in front of me who had gotten up, stashed away his laptop, and picked it up.  However, he left his jacket on the chair and a book on the table as he went around the corner into the bathroom.  What does that mean?  Did he just not want to deal with his jacket and book while he took a piss?

I didn't know what to do.  This asshole didn't give me any sign that he was staying or going.  But I needed a socket to plug in my laptop, and see one right there, right there next to the now-empty table except for some black jacket draped over a chair and a fuckin' book.  Should I just take it?  I didn't; instead I just stayed standing six feet away, paralyzed, like a douche-in-waiting.

He comes back.  He takes the book.  He has this douchey smile on his face as he makes his way to the checkout counter.  He seems chummy with the guy at the counter as he buys a drink and maybe the book.  He takes his sweet-ass time taking a stirrer and spooning the whip cream into his mouth at the condiment way station.

And then, right in front of me, without looking at me for even a second, he comes back to "his" table and unpacks his laptop.  Well fuck you in the ass, asshole, don't you see people are waiting for that socket?  You mean, cruel motherfuck.  Making me wait like that, goddamn you.  Goddamn you!!!

Meanwhile there was one table that's been open all this time.  The girl there got up the same time as this fucker, except that she actually left.  But there was no socket there ... oh wait, there is.  Right around the corner.  Sheesh.  Glad no one else got to the table or else I really would've lost my mind.

Peered at this asshole my whole time there.  Still had that shit-eating grin on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment