Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! And It's My Blog's One-Year Anniversary!!

Can you believe it's been a year since I started this blog? Well, no one's reading this ... can I believe it's been a year since I started this blog? No!

There are three big reasons why I'm glad I started and have maintained this blog: 1) it has helped me work on my writing; 2) it's allowed me to vent my frustrations, fears, and weird thoughts and urges; and 3) I believe that my almost-daily adding to this has given me a sense of responsibility and thus pride about sticking to something.

In many ways it's been a shitty year. I still haven't found a full-time job that I like, and worst of all, I haven't found any direction. But there have been many good things about 2009, and this blog is definitely one of them.

I will go back to being pessimistic, but for right now at least, I can be happy.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment