Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chasing Down Something Great With Something Somewhat Not-So-Great

It might've been my mood after seeing USC get their asses run up and down by Oregon.  (Seriously, it's like their weird special Nike uniforms had this slippery film on them.  They were going through the defensive line like quicksilver, and they weren't touched no matter how many Trojans got to the ball carrier.  I swear, they're on steroids, or they're cheating.)  I'm always a whore for pizza, so it doesn't take a whole lot for me to be happy.  And I forgot I already ate Pizza Hut earlier in the week.

Regardless and irregardless, I wholly recommend ordering a pizza from Red's Savoy.  There are two locations in the Twin Cities, and the Uptown location used to be this independent shop called Golooney's.  After eating their big-enough, spicy-but-not-too-spicy, altogether-filling mini pizza last night (and for only $6.50!), I think I have a new favorite pizza.

We have a lot of food at home.  Maybe I still had a high glycemic level oh I don't know what I'm talking about.  I needed to make my NFL picks on MySpace and I went downstairs to make sure the modem's connected, and I was still thirsty from Red's pizza, so I went to the fridge to grab a Sprite.

In the fridge there are a lot of pastries that Mother bought.  Even with what I ate last night, I decided to help myself to dessert to go with my Sprite.

So I was eating it while warming up the laptop.  It was good, but not as good as the pizza.  And then I had guilt for ruining my palate.  The aftertaste in my mouth and throat was so ... perfect with this newfound meal, and now I am defiling it with a cheap sugary treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment