Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Moved To A Different Position

So I got a call today hiring me for the next Vikings game.  I call him back and says I should report at 6 in the morning.  It's a very early call time, three hours earlier than usual for a noon game.  But the last time I worked with this crew I was told to come in at 6 because I was spotting, the job I was talking about when I blogged about not knowing if I did a good job or not.

"So," I asked when I called him back telling him I could work that game, "I'll be spotting?"

I was in a Target getting meds for my Grandmother, so I only think he said, "No, just stats."

Oh.

You know, it was my first time, and I wasn't that good.  But I was trying to put a positive spin on things.  I have a lot of room for improvement, but I really wanted a chance to get better at it.  Now, I understand if the director needed or even wanted a new voice to help him.  But it stings, it really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment