Saturday, October 16, 2010

What Exactly Is "Empty?"

So I was at a burlesque show tonight because it featured a hot girl I know.  I was almost -- repeat, almost -- done with my beer when I put it on the table.  Almost immediately -- and possibly while I was still fucking holding it in my hands, I don't remember because I was shocked -- one of the guys working there took the bottle.  It wasn't empty, dude, and I emitted body language indicating such.

But this girl I like was performing, and it was 2-for-1 and I still had my second beer, so I forgot it.  But I was demonstrative enough for the guy to see me, because he came up to me, shoved the bottle he took from me just beyond my peripheral vision, and said, "It's empty."

So I looked at the bottle again, in the air, neck resting on the guy's hand, tilted at a sharp angle.  It was kind of fizzy, but there was still some Grain Belt Premium in there.  Maybe not enough for a gulp, but to me, when you say "empty," you mean, "there's nothing left."  And was some beer left.

But I couldn't make a big deal out of this because I was watching this hot chick do tricks in the air.  So I turned away and waved my hand, hopefully saying, "OK."  Even though it wasn't.

Am I wrong?  Even if I am, he may've ripped the damn thing out of my hand.  What the hell is that shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment