Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grandmother's Going To The Doctor Today; Meanwhile, These Are The Days Where Mornings Look Like Night

I kind of like mornings these days.  I woke up at 6 in the morning (not by choice) and it was still dark outside.  That's fantastic, isn't it?  It's like Mother Nature's saying, "No, you can sleep some more."

There's something about this time of year, when the workday starts right around, and maybe even for some, before dawn.  I like night in general.  It's also the time of year where it starts to get dark earlier in the evening, and while that's alright, it's not the same.  No, having those extra minutes when you wake up, where the sun is still at rest over the horizon, and the world is still calm, and your body doesn't get energized by the rays and you don't feel like you have to get up at 6 in the morning, those are special days.

Maybe I like them so much because they're around for such a short time.  In a couple weeks, I think, Daylight Saving Time ends, and so humans will get up just after the sun rises.  And in exchange, the workday will end just after the sun goes back down.

Again, I like it, but it's different.  That adjustment, especially the Monday after the fall back, devastates my body.  After dinner, I completely shut down and sometimes I get, like, a dozen hours of sleep.  I like sleep, but not when I have so little control over when I pass out.

In fact, it's kind of happening to me now.  I think my body's taking cues from the sky, but I worked a lot Sunday and had to rest, then I woke up early Monday, spent the day without a nap, helped Mother with some Bank of America online paying issue (maybe I'll talk about this later), and was run so ragged after that issue that I just rested in my bed watching Hawaii Five-O.

If Dave and/or Jay were new, I would've stayed up, but since they weren't, I shut the TV off at 11 telling myself I'd watch Kimmel (who's new, thank Buddha) if I couldn't sleep.  And I did, for seven hours.

I would like this schedule if I were working the same way and time as everybody else.  But since I'm not, I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment