Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wait, Are They Really Going To Just Drag Grandmother Away?

I just hope they don't say anything bad, I just hope they don't say anything bad, is all I thought when I went downstairs. I needed both of my parental units to sign something: My Father for his Mayo Clinic forms, Mother for PCA services I render for Grandmother.

I thought it'd be Father who'd get on my case, either for having Mother sign forms for Grandmother when they're planning to throw her into a nursing home or over me going back to school (it's fucked up, but whenever I venture into that nasty pit of vipers he usually ambushes me over going back to school). But once again they surprised me.

They were both in their bedroom. I give Father his forms to sign first, and he does, cheerfully and without incident. He actually went to the bathroom when I went to Mother to sign the forms I needed her to sign. But when she asked me what they were about and I told her, she went, "Why do I need to sign these? Grandmother's going to the nursing home very soon."

No-no-no-no-no-no, don't say that. I wanted to close my ears and go "la-la-la-la-la, I can't hear anything," like when I was little.

Grandmother still doesn't know what the fuck's going to happen to her -- not because she's senile, but no one is telling her. Seriously, are they just going to go up to her room one day and tell her she's being kicked out of the house, and then literally take her by the arms, put her in their car, and drive her to the nursing home, one that not only she may not have visited yet but may not have even heard of before? Shouldn't people be given time to think about this move? Shouldn't they even be told?


No comments:

Post a Comment