Friday, January 13, 2012

I was afraid it was comin', but it still blindsided me today. After realizing that, for reasons sentimental and otherwise, I want Grandmother to stay, I suffered a 1-2 punch. First, the nurse voicemailed me that she needed to come in and reassess her ... unless we were going to put her in a nursing home. Later, at The Store, Father wanted me to call the number of a home he's planning to shove her into. He actually wanted to visit the place early tomorrow morning, but luckily the people who could show us around, according to my voicemail, wouldn't be free till later in the morning. That, and I didn't even turn on my phone after the end of the business day.

Nor did I return the nurse's call. I need to stall. But how? Grandmother's not demented, she's just a little stir-crazy with nothing to do. And Father shut off all the things that she could destroy the house with. Why can't she just stay???

No comments:

Post a Comment