Friday, January 27, 2012

Writer's Block

I have other things I want to write for SportsAlert, most notably two things that have something to do with 2011: Poor Bastards Of The Year and Sports Thing Of The Year. I should do that before we get into February. Yet I have to get this column about this report out of the way.

You may have heard about a special investigation about corruption within the Fiesta Bowl. The report came out almost a year ago. The Fiesta Bowl hosted the Mythical National Championship last January, and the bowl itself was played almost a month ago. This column isn't even timely anymore. And yet I feel I have to write it -- and write it before anything else. I can't do anything else until this gets done. And it's been a long, long time.

Fortunately I'm making progress. It's not a bad read, this Special Committee report that details everything that happened with the bowl. But it's a long one, and I want to make sure I read and understand everything before I summarize it for my essay. Trust me, the extent of opacity and lack of oversight will make any college football fan who wants a playoff roll his eyes.

Once this gets done -- in the next 72 hours, maybe? -- I can move on to other things. But not until then. Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment