Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Grandmother's Food-Wasting Problem

Have I talked about this before? Returning from a full day of sitting on my ass in a hospital bed for an experiment, I shove the jar of piss into the fridge, only to see, once again, a brown goo leaking at its floor. I still don't know what it is; all I know is that it happens when there's a lot of vegetables down in that refrigerator floor sitting for a long, long time.

That there are a bunch of veggies down there is Grandmother's fault. She still has this problem of using her welfare money to buy food that, by and large, none of us don't eat. It is one of the two main things -- forgetting things that puts the house in peril, such as forgetting to turn off the sink or close the back door -- that leads Father to push for Grandmother's move into a nursing home. It is a prime bone of contention for him. It's a mere pain in the ass for me, but I can't ignore the fact that Father is going to go off if he sees this tomorrow. Hell, he might have done that already and decided not to clean it up because he was too sick and/or tired.

Which means I have to step in. I wanted to help out at The Store, but I know these vegetables piling up is going to be a big problem, and I need harmony at the house before The Store, even if it is, um ... sorry, it's still hard for me to say. So after I drop off my piss at the U. and go to the mall for my free chocolate, I'm going to spend some time cleaning out the fridge, figuring out what needs to be thrown away and mentally tabulating how much Grandmother wasted on food.

(Oh, and there are four gallons of skim milk in the fridge. Two of them have expired. My fucking God, what is wrong with her that makes her buy so much shit?)

I doubt Grandmother will protest. All she will do is buy more food none of us eats again.

I don't think that's enough of an issue to throw her into a nursing home. It's just so annoying that sometimes I want to. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment