Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One thing that scares me about my parents coming home: There may -- just may -- be money missing.  It was stashed on the piano keys, below the cover.  It was there the first time they left, but I had not checked there since they left for a second time.

The money was there for emergencies, in case I needed cash on hand for something unforeseen, like a broken furnace or washing machine.  But then they blindsided me when they came home, and Mother and I got into a fight over me depositing the money that she was mailed in my checking account because I didn't want too much cash lying around just in case someone broke into the house.  (Real reason: I had the psychological need to see my account fatten, even if it was artificial.)  We never did resolve that argument, but Mother calmed down after that.  She may also have decided that she didn't need to throw emergency money in the piano.  But Mother and I didn't talk about it before she left, and I never checked if that emergency stash was still there, until a couple days ago.  And it wasn't.

Problem is, my ATF, ***e*, came over to clean the house.  Now, I trust her, but ... you know?  So you see, if it was there, or if Mother believes she put it there (I'm not saying that she could be wrong, I'm saying that she can be an irrational bitch much of the time), and it's gone, I have no explanation.  And then she might ask me, "Did you bring anyone into the house?" and I still have no idea how I would answer that.  So I hope to God and Buddha that she took that money away, and there was no emergency fund thrown into the piano.

I have to go to sleep.  In several hours I have to wake up and go to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment