Monday, January 26, 2015

The Downside To Going To Bed Early Is That You Don't Prepare For The Day Ahead

Or at least I don't think so.  I am up right now and these are the things that I should have done the night before, am trying to do right now before leaving, and probably will not able to do until I get back, which makes me late:

  • Blog this;
  • Send this application to this company that sounds really cool;
  • Change all my work and sleep clothes;
  • Send in my timesheet;
  • Lotion up;
  • Masturbate (OK, I'm totally not going to do this, but I want to because it helps with my anxiety and for some reason I'm feeling anxious right now)
My parents have preached that I should sleep early.  My old age has done what my folks couldn't: Convince me that going to bed early is a good thing.  I think that I'm going to bed earlier not just because of my early work day but also because the sports update is too depressing to stay up for.  (Gopher women's basketball has now lost two in a row, Timberwolves lost once again, but hey, Gopher wrestling gave Penn St. its first lost at their place in three years!)  But now I actually wish that I stayed up.  Now I'm going to have to slough off a task, and it's going to be the application because I need to at least stare at my computer and think about what I want to say in my cover e-mail.

And now I have to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment