Monday, January 5, 2015

Sad, Thus Resentful

So my folks come home soon.  My weekend, which should have been stress-free, has instead been focused, or inundated, or hampered, by preparing for my parents' return.

For example, I would have been able to stay home all weekend and finally get around to reading these papers and magazines.  But I've had to clean and clean and clean, and worry and worry and worry, and so I haven't been able to drill down as deeply as I could have.

I had ***e*, my ATF, come over and clean the house because I just don't know how, I don't fucking know how.  Had to drive down to grab her, which was a pain-in-the-ass (the Check Engine light on my car came on again; I might have to bring the fucking thing back in, and I might not even be able to use it for work in the morning ... another thing I have to worry about), but the house has to be at a respectable state for my folks.

My evening I had to myself.  But I ate some things I stored in the fridge, caught up on some laundry, and ... honestly, I felt sorry for myself.  I hated this abrupt change that's about to happen, and the way I usually deal with these things is to close my eyes and try to sleep.

I also cope by running away and doing stuff.  So after I took a short nap, then decided to eat at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, where I am writing this right now, so I could eat a pizza.  That's going to wreck my digestive system come morning, but I don't care.  My parents are coming home.  I've been here 90 minutes with the intention of going through this bag of papers by my side.  Instead, I've been catching up on Mafia Wars and seeing the tribute to Stuart Scott on TV.

Should I have been concentrating on the papers instead?  Yes.  But I really hate that I have to concentrate on these papers.  Once again, who fucking cares that I have bags of papers and magazines?  And I guess I just refused to make headway.  I'll just throw these bags back into storage, hide this stuff as an act of martyrdom.

Guess I'll go home now.  Have to work in the morning.  Besides, they're closing any minute now.

No comments:

Post a Comment