Wednesday, January 14, 2015

This Mechanic Is A Damn Seer

OK, the smoke was just pouring out of the hood yesterday (Tuesday) morning, so I had to do something.  I don't know how I'm going to hide it from my parents, but this had to be fixed.  First thing to do was to see if this guy I'm now seeing can diagnose it from the other end of the line.

I tell him about the smoke and how it disappears after a couple minutes of idling.  He then first postulates that it's an exhaust leak, after which he asks me: "Does your car sound louder these days?"

"Why actually -- YES!!!" I exclaimed.  I was about to mention that, but I didn't think it had anything to do with the smoke.  But it apparently does!

See, I didn't get that with the first Mechanic Around The Corner.  He was nice, but too often they wouldn't get the job done.  Not to say that these guys will get the job done either.  But with those old guys, I never got the feeling that they completely knew what they were doing.  Funny, seeing how those guys were just given an award.  Think that's totally preposterous.

I'm going to hope that my car's still good through tomorrow, when I can finally take it in for them spot the problem.  This raises another problem, however: Everything I've seen through the Internet points to an exhaust manifold.  Not only will that take a lot of money, but a lot of time, too.

Fingers crossed, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment