Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Expenses Without Receipts

Doing these at least once a month seems like a smart thing to do.  Haven't been able to do it, however.  It's more than about time.  Starting with Tuesday, January 20:
  • Well, I didn't spend anything on Tuesday, January 20.  And I charged everything on Monday, January 19.  So we got back to Sunday, January 18.  Woke up very early in the morning.  Thought to spend my morning having mocha and a cookie outside.  With tip: $6.
  • Saturday, January 17.  With my car in the shop, spent the day using public transportation to go from one end of the metro area to the other and back.  Not bad, but it reminds me that you need a lot of patience -- and time, and planning -- if you don't have a car.  For example, I was late catching the light rail to go from the Mall of America to downtown to catch the transfer bus back home.  Because of that I missed the last bus I could use this ticket I got 2 1/2 hours.  Therefore, I had to buy yet another ticket, a third.  Consider that a waste.  Maybe I'll ruminate on that further, but I charged that third ticket to my credit card because I ran out of change I used on my first two tickets: $3.50.
  • Was up at 7:15 Saturday morning because I wanted to make sure The Real Mechanic Around The Corner had enough time to check out what I think is my engine misfiring while also replacing my flex pipe.  So I was dragging when I made that final trip back home via light rail and bus.  So I went to a Caribou Coffee to get a mocha as a pick-me-up.  With tip: $4.75.
  • That evening I went to the Minnesota RollerGirls bout.  Woman had a spare ticket I paid $10 for, which is a buck less than what I would've paid for at the window.  Had a beer, a Lift Bridge Farm Girl.  Kind of like your run-of-the-mill beers like Coors and Miller, therefore it's pretty good!  Total, with beer tip: $18.
  • After that I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  The waitress there dances there.  I didn't recognize her with her clothes on.  Don't know if she ever waitressed before, but after counting my change after I gave all the strippers working that shift tips I think she shorted me by a dollar.  I choose not to pick this battle.  With coffee and tip: $12.
  • On Friday the 16th I took my car to the wash.  It finally got above freezing, so it was more than time to get it washed, even if I would get it washed the next day by The Mechanic Around The Corner.  I have a receipt for the $14.01 I paid for the wash, but the EWR is for the tip only.  Disappointed that they did not take out the car mats to dry.  Nevertheless I shelled out the same amount in tips I usually give: $2.
  • Wednesday, January 14 ... after seeing my shrink I remembered that I wanted to print out a schedule of projects for one of the two test-scoring places I work for.  Want to see what I was and was not selected for when the decision comes down.  One big change from years previous, which I will blog about later, if I remember.  I forgot to print it out last week, and actually walked out of the library before remembering that I hadn't picked it up yet.  Unfortunately printouts at Ramsey County libraries are an expensive: 20 cents.
  • I walked to the library from Perkins, where I decided to eat.  Thought it was a good idea to get the printout, which is a web page, before the company decided to take it down.  But I didn't want to drive my car from Perkins to the library because I knew it was a short drive.  It was a long walk, however, especially when I didn't know exactly where the library was.  Tracked through snow, which melted between the treads of my shows and left muddy water on the floor of the library.  Man, I feel bad about that.  Oh, this is about Perkins.  Used a coupon for a burger and fries.  With tip, which should have been only a buck but I couldn't spare to just leave a solitary dollar: $12.26.
  • On Monday the 12th I had a bit of a dilemma.  I was able to get out Monday night to watch the College Football National Championship (no longer Mythical, thank Buddha), but the timing was off.  If I went too early I would be at the bar too long for me to eat; if I went too late my parents would get mad at me for leaving so late at a worknight.  So I left early and drove down to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Waitress gave me the coffee for free because she had to get herself.  Gave her a buck anyway.  With tipping the dancers, over two shifts: $15.
  • Then I decided it was time to go to Old Chicago to see the game.  Wow, Ohio St. managed to outrun Oregon at the end there.  A blow for the Big Ten, and for northern schools in general.  Actually had two rounds of food.  Maybe I shouldn't've gotten that pizza; my waitress took a break, and by the time she came back there were five minutes in the game and the Buckeyes had the game in hand.  With tip: $11.25.
  • On Sunday the 11th my day was centered around the Gopher women's basketball game.  The game began at 2, but I wanted to leave before that.  So I went to the mall closest to the U. and hung out at a place called Digby's tugging on a beer.  With tip: $4.
  • The game ... close one, moral victory, but like I said, they had their chances.  Thank goodness you can still get in free with a student ID.  Where's the program?  Hot dog and Coke equals, I think: $8.25.
  • Back to Friday, January 9 -- my friend invited me out to see pro wrestling at First Avenue.  Never done that before.  Good to hang out with him for the first time in a long time.  These guys, well ... as they say, the hits and injuries are real, but this isn't the WWE.  The "kill shot" in the main event was supposed to be a blow to the head from the heavyweight belt, but from my ringside seat it was a miss.  The guy that got "hit" didn't miss falling through the table, however.  Pabst Blue Ribbon was being promoted.  Plus tip for the beer and ticket for the show, which was sold out for the first time, I think: $25.
  • After that, and after I said goodbye to my friend and his friends, I figured that since I was downtown I would use a coupon I got at the Minnesota RollerGirls bout some years ago and get a free dessert.  There were only a few people there that saw me drink milk along with the tiramisu.  With tip it comes out to a very value-laden: $3.
  • On Thursday the 8th I thought it was about time to hit up this small corner coffeeshop I drive across on my way to and from work.  It's called the Hill Valley Cafe, and when I went to sit and work on my computer for about an hour I saw that they had weird hours that would shorten the following week.  In particular, they would close at 3 for one half of the work week.  Odd, isn't it?  It's like any other coffeeshop, so I could take it or leave it, but I had a bagel and a mocha, and both were good.  With tip: $8.75.
  • Wednesday, January 7 ... after seeing my shrink I decided that my post-shrink dinner would be, for a second time, Baker's Square.  Spent my dinner going through my receipts; productive night.  Noticed that there was a big old woman at the table next to me, sitting and eating by herself and reading a book -- just like me.  Didn't feel weird eating alone that night as I wanted to forestall going home any earlier than I had to because my parents awaited me there.  But I did feel less alone.  Thank you, big old woman.  With tip: $14.
  • On Tuesday the 6th, My Last Day Of Freedom, I decided to make a night of it.  I first went to Pizza Luce downtown to cash in another coupon I got from attending an MNRG event for a free appetizer.  With beer and tip it came to: $5.
  • I then went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  The coffee was free, so I tipped her a buck.  Finally got a dance from Danielle, first time in a long time.  Last time I asked she flaked out on me and just hung out with her friend.  Total: $25.
  • Sunday the 4th ... found a dime, somewhere.  An Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • Saturday, January 3 was the best time to hit My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Version), where I could see my ATF there, Claudia, before my parents come home and makes things weird for me to see her.  I wish I was more, uh, "present" with her this time around; I could tell that she could tell that I wasn't completely there.  Two reasons for that.  One, the hours got to me and I was tired.  Second, I had eaten a cupcake at Cupcake at the Mall of America before going to the strip club and I think I started getting a bowel movement.  Remembered that this isn't the first time that has happened.  Maybe there's something in the grain of those cupcakes that makes me regular.  Not the worst thing; hadn't been regular for some time up till that point.  Managed to hold it in through ten dances with her, so I hope she was happy with that.  With tips and Corona (cover was free because I bought some ramen to donate): $130.
  • Friday the 2nd ... this was the day I went to the ethnic restaurant.  With tip: $12.75.
  • Then went to a party out in St. Paul.  My ATF, ***e* was there, and we had some discounted sexytime.  But there were three other girls there that I wouldn't have minded getting them to touch my pee-pee, too.  Was coaxed into getting a dance from the host, *a***, and she groped me a few times.  ***e* speculates that she sucks dick, and I remember a previous party she was at where she asked some of the girls if any of them had lotion.  So I tried texting her after the party to see what she was down for and what price.  I'm trying to talk *a*** down from $200 for "one-on-one," but I haven't heard from her since.  Fingers crossed.  With cover: $55.
  • After that I went to Caffetto for apple pie and coffee.  With tip it came to: $6.
  • January 1, 2015 ... while hanging out at my friends' house the night before I got this sudden e-mail from the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.  In an article highlighting the museum's 100th anniversary there was a tease that something big would be unveiled New Year's Day.  Well, that came overnight and through the e-mail blast because I'm signed up for their bulletins: The collection of one of MIA's late board members, the founder of Regis Corporation, is up for viewing.  Good enough surprise for me to take it in to start the New Year!  I wasn't blown away by the collection, although there was this one painting that was an homage to the painter's mom, whom he hated.  The caption (ETA at 1:52 a.m. on February 6 that I am reading this post to write down my EWRs for January into my Franklin Quest and, lo and behold, I totally forgot to write down an expense.  I have something I could write here, and I still want to, but some other time -- maybe.  Let's just cut to the chase and say I put in a donation: $1.)
  • December 31, 2014: As I sometimes do, after I leave my friends' house I go to White Castle to celebrate the end of one year and the start of the next.  The guy who took my order automatically gave me a medium Coke when I specifically asked for a small one.  I talked to the manager, who gave me the difference in change, which sucked, because I devoted that day to not having any monetary transactions besides a credit card.  But I had to because this fucker tried to screw me over.  Not a good start to 2015.  At least I got my money back, an Infusion of: 30 cents.
  • Tuesday, December 30: Went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Quick trip, tips only: $4.
  • Sunday the 28th was the Vikings' last game.  After work I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) where, to celebrate getting through yet another season of yelling, got a dance from Carissa.  With stage tips and a Sprite: $27.
  • Then that night I watched the NFL's last regular season game of the year (Pittsburgh over Cincinnati, even though it should've been Carolina vs. Atlanta because that was a win-or-else game, and it doesn't matter that the Panthers blew out the Falcons) at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  Lasagna plus tip: $13.50.
  • Saturday, December 27: When writing the draft of this blog post I had my lunch at Quizno's down as the 28th.  That can't be right because on the morning of the 28th I was at TCF Bank Stadium.  So it had to be Saturday, OK?  With tip: $9.
  • That evening, after watching the bowl game downtown, I went to Caffetto to celebrate with a pecan pie and a mocha.  With tip: $7.50.
  • Friday the 26th I hit My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  There I hooked back up with ****a, the stripper who massaged me and gave me happy endings, then ditched me.  I can't resist her big tits, fat ass, and willingness to pull my pee-pee.  She's stripping back here, so I had to get a dance from her.  We reconnected after going back-and-forth about arranging a massage Christmas Night.  She told me she needs a day's notice in advance; I'll try and follow that.  Maybe she likes me after all.  With tips and coffee: $31.
  • Assuming I charged everything through Christmas Week, we go all the way back to Sunday the 21st, where I worked out that afternoon.  Admission was: $3.
  • That evening I enjoyed watching Saturday Night Football at Old Chicago.  Got late-night Happy Hour prices on pizza and fried spicy pickles.  With beer and tip: $11.25.
  • I then stored a new quarter in the cup where I put shiny coinage: 25 cents.
  • Saturday, December 20: For a reason I don't remember now, I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) twice this day -- once in the afternoon, once in the evening.  In the afternoon I got a dance from ****e*, the woman who whacked me off in her car in the club's parking lot about a year-and-a-half ago.  Gotta get back with her to do that shit again.  With tips and coffee: $31.
  • I then went to the Hooters at the Mall of America to watch Penn St. beat unseeded BYU in four sets to win the NCAA women's volleyball championship.  I then went back to the club that evening, but just for tips: $8.
  • And then after that I went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  I ate at Hooters, so I went small here: A small salad and onion rings.  Plus tip it came out to: $8.
  • Back to Thursday the 18th, where I got a haircut from Great Clips.  Have the receipt for the cut itself (which was heavily discounted -- thank you, Great Clips) so this EWR is for the tip only: $3.
  • Wednesday, December 17 ... I have never been good with wrapping gifts, so these days I just pay someone to do it for me, like I do for a lot of things.  After seeing my psychiatrist I went shopping for my niece (have I told you about my niece?) and got her some socks and a hat.  Then I went to the information department to have it wrapped.  Really well done; glad someone else did it.  And it only cost me: $4.50.
  • Tuesday the 16th -- don't remember why, but I think there was food that necessitated me getting a Pepsi from the vending machine at work: 75 cents.
  • I also found a penny at work, I think.  An Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • That night I went to see Mockingjay Part 1.  I was deeply conflicted as to whether or not I should see it.  On the one hand (and unfortunately I don't remember the details) I really was bored that night and wanted to go out and see, or do, something.  On the other hand I had real trepidation to see the movie because, while I did see the first installment of the three-book trilogy, The Hunger Games, I missed Catching Fire, the second movie, and I did not know if it would make sense to see a continuation of this storyline if I hadn't seen everything before that.  In fact, before I decided to go the movie, I racked my brain to see if there was any movie franchise where I had not seen each of the installments.  If I didn't, I shouldn't go see Mockingjay I.  Well, I didn't, but I went anyway; I was that bored.  Only after I saw the movie did I think of a franchise: The X-Men Series.  To this day I have not seen the first X-Men movie, but I have seen every one since.  Now, those movies aren't adapted from a book series, nor are they one long but continuous story.  Nevertheless, it technically counts.  However, the fact that The Hunger Games series is one long and continuous story made it very difficult for me to understand MI.  Honestly, I was lost in many parts of it.  In retrospect I should not have seen the movie.  Oh well, at least I got a good price for it since I went on a Tuesday.  Ticket, popcorn and pop comes out to: $9.75.
  • Finally, on Sunday, December 14, I used a coupon to get a deal at Quizno's.  With tip: $5.75.
Seeing as though I haven't put out an EWR in over a month, I kind of feel good that I'm not missing anything.  Good through Tuesday, January 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment