Friday, January 30, 2015

Now I'm Back To Being Afraid Of My Car Again

Oh my fucking God.  I had just pulled out of the parking lot to go home from work.  After crossing the stop sign, which I think brought me up to second gear, I pressed on the gas pedal ... and it doesn't accelerate.  Seriously, it didn't accelerate.  This was more than half a second; this was, like, up to five seconds of me putting my foot on the gas and my car giving me nothing, just fucking nothing.  If I hadn't been able to coast when I was able to accelerate from my parking spot all the way through the stop sign, I would have stalled, completely stopped.  And now I have that same fear of stalling going through my head, only this time it's the morning and I am trying to turn onto traffic and I have all these oncoming cars about to hit me.

I'm absolutely fucking afraid to get into my car now.  Oh, sure, after about the five seconds it started up just fine, and it drove just fine all the way home (even though it drove a little slow and, for lack of a better word, "heavy," if that makes any sense).  But honestly, I don't remember my car ever responding that way, ever.  This is different, way worse than what happened Tuesday.  The closest thing I can remember to putting my foot down and getting nothing was the combination of slow-to-no acceleration along with the hard tapping from more than two years ago, but that's not the same.  There are some driveability issues that I have not encountered before.  And I am really afraid that's going to get worse, a lot worse, and it'll just break down at the worst possible moment.  Like tomorrow, going to work.

I am determined to go to tonight's wrestling match.  Well, I think.  But if this happens again ... what the hell am I supposed to do?

I'm going to go into my car now and let it idle.  Hopefully warming it up will help.  But two minutes of warm-up time didn't help it yesterday.  What the fuck. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment