Monday, March 16, 2015

A Positive Double-Bind?

So since my car seized up on me Friday, the problems have gotten more frequent -- slightly, but definitely so.  Nevertheless, my hope that it'd be strong enough to take me to work and then to the alumni event Saturday came true; it drove just fine.  In fact it drove fine when I went back out in the evening to the MNRG event in St. Paul, then to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) in Minneapolis.

But then, on my way to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place it started to stall on me, this time on the highway.  So my theory that it often happens only when my car starts out was discredited, at least on that trip.  Furthermore, when I went out Sunday afternoon to the library (to print out my parents' history of the stocks they sold off last year, for tax purposes) and then to the Twin Cities Auto Show, it acted up a few times, to the point where I was kind of afraid I wouldn't make it home.

It did.  So I may be in a situation where, believe it or not, I can't lose.  I am dropping off the car today before I head off to work.  I'm going to tell them to drive it hard and cross my fingers they see and feel what I got the past few days.  My thinking is, if they do find something, it can finally be fixed, and if they can't, well, I think that means I can still drive it -- well, assuming that I don't stall in the middle of traffic, which I can't say won't happen.

You know, when I started blogging this I thought I couldn't lose.  But on second thought, maybe I should just hope that they're able to diagnose something and get it fixed today.  Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment