Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nightmare

For the record, sleep day was Daylight Saving Time.  Went out to see the big-school boys' state high school hockey tournament final last (Saturday) night, went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, then went home and to bed around 1:30 I guesstimate.  Woke up a bit past 9, which would have been 8 but because of the spring ahead, blah-blah-blah.

You know who Jack White is, right?  Ushered back-to-back shows of the White Stripes too many years ago.  After one of the shows, maybe the second one, as we began hauling out the huge garbage bags to clean up, he was onstage talking to someone.  He was holding a water bottle which may have been empty.  That's my Jack White story.

I hear he's kind of an asshole.  So, without knowing any of the circumstances (if there were any that I dreamt), I threw Jack White off of our back porch.  Couldn't have been more than ten feet, but as I was running away and looked back, he was lying face-up on the ground.  I thought I concluded he was paralyzed, if that makes any sense.  I harkened back in my memory (which, because I was having a nightmare, would be my memory's memory -- we're getting all Inception up in this place) that I encountered a woman I saw in a similar state, meaning I didn't break her neck, I just came upon her with her neck broken.  And I thought, "Hey, she's paralyzed," which made me conclude that Jack White was now paralyzed after what I had done to him.

And I felt guilty.

And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment