Saturday, March 28, 2015

2015 College Basketball Anti-Picks, Round 4

Record, Round 3: 1-6
Overall Record: 12-30
Total Outlay, Round 3: $800.00
Total Winnings, Round 3: $190.90
Total Loss, Round 3: $609.10
Overall Loss: $1,532.55

Oh, my fucking God, this is terrible.  I totally misread Notre Dame, which still has a shitty defensive efficiency rating.  I got taken into the "West Virginia will be the unexpected test Kentucky will have in The Big Dance" narrative.  I fucking thought Arizona was going to cover on Xavier, for crissake.  And, worst of all, Duke (or Utah, however you want to view it) did me dirty twice.  Not only did the Blue Devils win, that final free throw after the referees conferred and put up .7 seconds on the clock pushed the cover from the Utes' side to theirs.  I, of course, thought Utah was going to cover at +5 1/2, and of course they lost by six.

Fuck my goddamn life.

---

So now, with a debt rivaling some of my car bills, I need some Hail Marys, more than a few:

1) Wisconsin +1 1/2 (Arizona hasn't been able to hit from downtown, but the Badgers are kind of one-dimensional; I'm picking Wisconsin because I have them in my Final Four) $250

2) Wisconsin-Arizona Under 133.5 (I expect the Badgers to slow it down, and I don't think their ability to simply not turn the ball over is going to change) $350

3) Kentucky-Notre Dame Over 136 (Now people are saying it's the Fighting Irish that can push the Wildcats to the edge.  To do that they're just going to have to score ... which they can do, frequently.  It's their only way of winning.  I know better; Kentucky is going to win.  So why do I think the Over is going to hit?  Presumably Kentucky wins by holding down the score, no?  I don't know why I'm betting this) $200

4) Louisville +2 1/2 (In a battle of two unheralded teams with two Hall of Fame Head Coaches, go with the higher seed.  Pitino takes out Izzo in this one) $200

5) Gonzaga +2 1/2 (I also have the Bulldogs in the Final Four.  But at times against Utah Duke seemed vulnerable.  If the Utes didn't get all three-crazy as they mounted their comeback, they could have made this a real nail-biter.  I kind of think that the Zags have the patience and the inside presence to outwork the Blue Devils) $300

6) Parlay 1) with 5), for $150.

7) Parlay 2) with 3), for $150.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment