Sunday, March 29, 2015

"I'm Interested In Learning More"

You're interested in learning more?!  What in the hell does that mean?!  Weren't you there at last year's party, where you could tell I was ignored, undermined, and utterly humiliated at an event I ostensibly ran?  What more do you need to learn, besides I need you to just do this for me?

At last year's party, she volunteered to host the next one.  So did the person hosting this party, but, uh, she was first?  I didn't think much of it at the time because it was a year away and frankly, I didn't want to think about it.  But unfortunately time marches on, no matter whether we want it to or not, and it's almost April, so after some weeks of thinking about it, I finally thought I had to reach out to her by now, even if Instant Message via Facebook sort of isn't professional.

And so she comes back with, "I'm interested in learning more."  Well, shit, so am I.  Because after last year's abortion of event planning (though not the event itself), I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do, therefore I don't know what the fuck she's supposed to do.  I was hoping that she had experience doing a party like this; I mean, that's why she volunteered, right?  But if she was doing it only because she just wanted to be a part of something, well, that doesn't help me at all.

That open-ended question has got me so twisted, I haven't yet responded to her.  This may be the most important thing we do each year, and I have left her hanging since Wednesday.  I have to respond, but it's important how I was respond, and I still don't know what to say.  But I have to tell her something, because the weekend's about to be over.  On the other hand, if I say something so unhelpful, she might not want to do it anymore, and I would completely ruin this, and I might be back to square one.

Fuck all this.  I'll just fucking say something that might be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment