Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Apparently We're Supposed To Take It Up The Ass Today

So the biggest snowstorm of the winter is going to come today (Tuesday).  Half a foot for the house, more than that down in the southern suburbs where I work.  Great.  And I thought El NiƱo was going to prevent this shit.

Sometimes -- well, maybe more than half the time -- we have had forecasts of an impending blizzard, only to have it veer away from the Twin Cities (mostly to the south -- suck it, Chicago and Iowa!) at the last minute.  I don't think that's going to happen with this snowstorm.  Over the weekend they were predicting that this one would indeed miss us to the south and we would get, at worst, a few inches.  Yesterday (Monday) afternoon, however, their "models" thought it was edging up northward, towards us, and they were in agreement about this new trajectory.  This means that it's going to sock us right in the face, dammit.

If it's as bad as I fear it will be, I'll be using the snowplow for the first time this season.  I'm just not looking forward to all that damn snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment