Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Haven't Broken My Routine, Yet

So the plan for the first day of "funemployment" was to sleep in till about 9:30, at which point I would wake up to listen to Charlie Pierce on The Stephanie Miller Show while I loll around in my bed.  After Miller is over, at 11 o'clock, I would get up and shovel off the back deck.  That would make me tired enough to sleep, although checking out the Internet and maybe playing Mafia Wars would be an option.  I might listen to The Common Man, specifically the results of the four matchups in the Preposterous Statement Tournament, if I wasn't tired.  Then, at either 3 or 4 I would catch a movie -- either Spotlight or, finally, Star Wars VII.  Then I can finally get home and watch Hollywood Game Night for the first time this season.  I can catch up on chores after HGN is over, or I could be very enterprising and work out.  Either way I can stay up late surfing the Internet and go to sleep at my body's natural time, which is, hopefully, 5.

That didn't happen this morning.  Because my body is used to waking up around 7 to go to work, I woke up at just before 7.  Should have known.  I tried going to bed, but I knew my body rhythms were going to get me up.  So after taking the time to apply for unemployment I am at a local coffeehouse, where the barista I've known for upwards of a decade still works.  This is the place I go to in the morning when my parents think I'm going to work.  And, to be honest, this is the place I go to when I'm up mornings when my parents are not here.  In other words, I am doing the things I usually do when I'm not at work.

Guess I have slipped back into my routine, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment